Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Happy Friday friends!! I hope you all have had wonderful weeks and even better NYEve's and Days. I was thinking the other day about New Year's Resolutions and what not. I've decided this year not to so much make a New Year's Resolution that I will most likely not keep but instead set some goals for myself this year that I hope to accomplish. I figure if I put these in writing and publish them out into the world then I'm bound to them.

So without further ado here are my Top 5 goals to accomplish this year:

1. Be a better mother - As I've said before I'm a single mother and it takes a village to raise a child but I'm definitely going to put more effort into lifting up my child and teaching life lessons this year.

2. Be a healthier me - I've slipped somewhere over the past year into old habits and as I get older my body does just not bounce back as fast as it used to. With that being said, I am making an effort to exercise at minimum 3 times a week for no less than 20 minutes and also to eat better and cook more homemade meals.

3. Travel more - The last half of 2012 and most of 2013 were pretty much travel lacking which makes me very sad. I used to be one traveling fool and I miss going on trips and visiting new places. My self fulfilling goal this year is to visit one new place, that should be easily attainable.

4. Relax - If anyone knows me on a personal level they know that I can tend to be a bit high strung in all aspects of my life. This year I am focusing on chilling out more and things just flow the way they are supposed to be. I have no problem admitting that I am somewhat of a control freak and I'm going to try to let go a little more this year.

5. Run a half marathon - I am not a good runner whatsoever so completing this task will be one amazing accomplishment. I'm thinking late summer early fall is when I will try to complete my first half. I'm going to start training for it as soon as the weather is nicer outside and not so cold!

What are you New Year's Goals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment