Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Life's Teachable Moments

Happy Wacky Wednesday Friends!!

In my last post I talked about wanting to be more involved in being a better mother this year. I've started this by using B's questions about life as teachable moments. I've been doing a lot of reading lately about how children who have open relationships with their parents and good communcation prosper the most.

In just over 2 weeks we have had some pretty weird exciting teachable moments.....come along on our journey.

This week alone Brea has been very interested in all problems women face with that time of the month. At least once a day we have had in depth conversations about it. I figure it will happen to her one day too so why not start answering questions and preparing her now.

We have also had an in depth talk regarding birth control and why women use it. That one was really eye opening for her and almost led to the "Where do babies come from?" chat.

I've noticed in just the two short weeks I have been open and honest in answering any of these life questions that our communcation has improved. What a wonderful thing!!

Sorry to those of you who see my child on a regular basis and have children of your own.....she may have shared the love and knowledge. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment