Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday



Today is the official start of Lenten season - 40 days and 40 nights as they say of sacrificing or giving something of yourself as service to the Lord. No matter what religion you are we can all agree that as a society sometimes we become very gluttonus. We all like to indulge in the finer things in life and sometimes take for granted all the blessings we are granted.

This Lenten season I have decided to give up sodas and also cheese. In an effort to purify my body I am cutting out the sodas because they are full of harmful chemicals. The cheese is probably the biggest thing I over indulge in. Please do not put cheese in front of me - it will be gone!!!

I can say that I'm almost a full day in with no sodas and there is definitely a craving here but I am doing good so far. I'm just taking it a little bit at a time and trying my best.

I am also going to try and be much more patient. This is a major thing in my life I have to work on - especially when it comes to Brea. I am going to try my absolute hardest to not get irritated at the small things and rush through life.

I hope to attend church more this year so what better way than to start with Lenten season.

What are you giving up or giving to others?

0 comments:

Post a Comment