Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Rocking In Memphis - This Weekend!

 
 
I know I've been looking for Friday all week, what about everyone else? This week marked the start back to school for most kids in the Memphis metro area, the only kids left to start back are private schools. Miss B is a catholic private school gal and she starts back on the 19th. We go to register next Tuesday. It's been a nice break but boy am I ready to get back into the swing of things. I've got to finish our school shopping this weekend and do some sewing on Miss B's uniform.
 
We're taking a trip to the zoo tomorrow with my lovely BF, his sister, and all the kids in their family. It should be a fun filled day, nothing like wearing the kids out during the day so they will sleep well at night. I have made the conscious decision to stay in this weekend as well. I will not be partying it up this weekend, I need rest!! I've been going non-stop all summer so I'm staying in this weekend and looking forward to it!
 
For those of us that do not want to stay in though I wanted to share my top 5 things to do in or around Memphis this weekend:
 
 
  1. The Sunflower River Blues Festival in Clarksdale, MS - This is a free three day festival featuring an abundance of very talented local musicians. Luther Dickinson of the North Mississippi All-Stars will be performing as well as a plethora of other performers. It should be a great weekend with lots of great music. And it's free!!
  2. Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone at The Orpheum Theatre - Tonight at The Orpheum in their Summer Movie Series they are showing the first Harry Potter, how exciting!! It would be a great night to go downtown with the kids, grab some food, and then see a great movie at The Orpheum on the big screen. Children's tickets are $5 and adults are $7.
  3. The Rolling Stones at The Levitt Shell - Now don't freak out and think the Stones are actually performing. This month at The Levitt Shell they are presenting an Indie Film Festival featuring all the old greats in concert for your enjoyment. This week they are featuring The Rolling Stones in two concerts Rock and Roll Circus and Some Girls. The Levitt Shell may be my favorite Memphis to-do. You can bring your own food and drink and watch great local bands or even music legends all for free. It's family friendly and just an all around amazing time.  
  4. Blind Wine Tasting at Salsa - On Saturday's from 1-3pm Salsa restaurant is partnering with Great Wines and Spirits to offer a blind wine tasting through August 31st. They pick the wines and you enjoy! The price is only $10 which is a steal for any wine tasting.
  5. Food Truck Rodeo - Every Sunday at 12pm through August 31st The Food Truck Alliance teams up for The Food Truck Rodeo. These food trucks park and you get to taste each and every one of them. It's great fun for the family or for a cute day date. You pay the cost of food and they do this every Sunday at Shelby Farms.
 
 
 
So with all that to do you have no reason not to get out and about this weekend!! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, I know I will. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment