Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend in Review

Happy Monday friends! While I'm having a rough start to my week I certainly hope you all aren't.
 
 
This weekend did not disappoint in the fun having department that's for sure! Friday evening we met up with my daughters best friend and her mom for a little happy hour/dinner action at Patrick's in East Memphis. I had a delicious Landshark beer and a fried chicken salad which was perfect for a Friday evening to start the weekend off. My girlfriend had a pulled pork BBQ salad she said was delicious as well. If you are ever in East Memphis be sure to check them out. Kids eat free on Thursdays too by the way.
 
Saturday morning I decided to get out of my comfort zone and went with a friend on a hike. We went and hiked the Lucius Burch State Natural Area. It was a 7 mile hike and while it was intimidating at times it was well worth stepping out of my comfort zone for. I forgot to eat beforehand though so that was a major fail on my part. I will know better next time!
LUCIUS E. BURCH, JR. CLASS I SCENIC-RECREATIONAL STATE NATURAL AREA
 
After the hiking was over I had to go pick B up from her friend's house where she spent the night out. It was so nice outside that when I got there we laid by the pool while the girls swam. Look at these adorable cute girls totally hanging out in style at the pool.
 
 
We left our friends house and headed home so that Miss B could pack her bags and get ready for yet another exciting night out. I had plans to celebrate my sister from another's birthday! We went out to eat at Central BBQ. Also a fine BBQ eatery here in the mid-south. After dinner we headed to our local drive-in and watched The Internship. One of our favorite summer pastimes has been to go to the drive-in and hang out. You get to bring your own snacks, adult beverages, and your best friends all in the sake of having an absolute blast outside while watching a movie.
 
Sunday led us to some major relaxing at home. It was cloudy and the chance of rain was great. We stayed inside most of the day and hung out watching TV and I got some much needed laundry put away. Sunday evening we traveled to my friends parents' house for her graduation party. She received her master's degree in teaching. We are quite proud of her!! We had a blast swimming, chatting with friends, and having some majorly good food and deserts.
 
Needless to say when we got home yesterday evening we were more than ready for bed.
 
What did everyone else do this weekend? Anything exciting?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment